O/D OFF light flashing!!!!!!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DON'T just drive it.....

An easy fix is a valve body overhaul and a solenoid pack.... about $600 bucks...

IF you drive it your looking at trashing the tranny and paying out 2,000 plus !!

Todd Z

Get it towed, the $90.00 is much cheaper than taking a chance on trashing the tranny. Depending on where you take it to, they may have an arrangement with a tow company that will give you a pricebreak on the tow.

Have a good one

Bob

At 78K my 2004 just developed the same problem. Let's face it: judging by other posts on this website the transmission in the ST is a piece of %#$. Let's stop making excuses for Ford.....

Darren....

YES, get it looked at asap...

Teddy,

I always ask if any Service and/or maintenance was ever done to the tranny....

Both Toyota's my family owned pooped the tyranny's around 80-90 and 2 Hyundai's threw their guts at around 60K....

All serviced by the dealer...

I do agree there is a rash of Ford tyranny's that are blowing up, BUT what is the overall number ??? there are a lot more explorers on the road.....

Todd Z

just thought I would chime in and say that the flashing O/D light is for a variety of drive line related problems... When I had no speedometer it flashed because it could not properly calculate the shift scheduling.

Don D.

I talked to a my tranny guy and he told me to drive it till it did something!!! The OD OFF light hasnt been back since this morning. I took it to the Ford house to hav them run a scan on it but they didnt think it had thrown a "hard code" so they also told me to drive it till it acted up! Im at a compete lose for what to do!:blink::blink:

Well...I talked to a couple tranny type guys...yup probably getting ready to pop..

Not the cheap $600 fix but would need the $2000+ kind or more...I know the drill on these.

Now also they say....could keep on going and nothing happen...

Welp..Sorry... It was a nice truck while it lasted.

Here it best how I would explain....

2004 Sport Trac with the works= to flying on Continental Airlines small regional jet..crampd, little legroom...same cost a flying big jet..

Got new ride

2005 Chevy Avalanche= flying 1st class, lots of legroom, same cost as flying the small plane..

Thanks for everyones help here.....