O/T but ford.. FNR5 Milan Trans update

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott Tanner

Reaction score

Picked up the car yesterday, and it shifts like a new car, even better than before. There was always a pronounced 3-2 downshift event, which is gone... They dropped the pan to inspect the contents, and replace the output speed sensor. My concerns were correct, as sensor was giving the TCM bad, intermittent data, causing it to do stuff it shouldn't.

As stated before, I'm dissapointed with the dealers service dept, whether it is their policy or Ford's. If their thinking is to sell the high dollar fix to make money, then they still lose, because I'l never go back there except for warranty work.

While it was in there, they did replace the Secondary Air Pump under warranty, (PZEV), so that saved me some $$. I replaced the t'stat and coolant sensor myself, turns out they were still under warranty. NY sells california emmisions cars, so hence te PZEV status.

Thanks for all of the replies on this, I posted it here and on a few other sites to perhaps inform other Fusion owners about this buffoonery..:fire:

see the link to the rest of the post..

Glad it's fixed.

I have never been and will never be a dealership tech. I once use to regard dealership techs in high esteem but that time has since long passed. Dealershipss nowadays can not afford to pay quality techs what they are worth so what you end up with at the dealerships is techs who fix pattern failures on cars that are 4 years old or newer and don't know how to fix anything esle other than the brand they work on and if it isn't a pattern failure they are clueless as how to go about diagnosing it. They ONLY reason for visiting a dealership for repairs is if your vehicle is still under warranty. Don't get me wrong, there are a select few dealership mechanics around who know what's going on, I even know a few of them, but they are all leaving to go to independant shops because the dealerships simply don't pay.

Do your homework people and find a good repair shop, if you say there are none in your area you simply aren't looking but just remember that cheap prices and top quality do not go hand in hand.

Latest posts