Occasional problem accessing site threads

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bob McDonald

Reaction score
Every once and a while I have trouble accessing any of the threads on the forums here. But it happens on only one of the two PC's I regularly use, AND only if I am using Firefox. When it occurs, IE access is still OK (like right now). When the problem occurs, the other PC is still OK with both Firefox and IE.

The error message I am getting is this...

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a000d'

Type mismatch: 'cint'

M:\WEB\USERS\V002U01WJY\HTML\SHARED\../shared/msgdisplay2.asp, line 50

----------------------------------------------------------------------

After a day or so, the problem goes away for no apparent reason.

I have a hunch it may be just a browser setting, or something simple like that, but haven't been able to pin it down.

Do any or you Guru's out there have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Uncle_Bob :wacko::unsure::(

Edit. Sorry for the bad category. I must hace rolled the mouse roller after I selected off-topic

Last edited by a moderator:
I had the same problem the other day and I turned off my computer and reset my modem and the problem was resolved.

Paul H

I never had that specific problem but sometimes I think my wife may try and block the site so I actually spend some time with her instead of here. Just kidding. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I get it every now and then but can still easily search other sites.

I have always just a assumed a glitch here at the site..

I know what you mean, Kevin. At first I thought it was this site until I found I could access the threads from both browsers on my other PC while still not being able to with Firefox on my primary PC.

The same PC has some odd issues with a few other sites as well which is why I assume it is some setting on this PC which is messed up. I just haven't been able to figure out what it is yet. :(

I have been wondering if the site has server problems. For about 4 days now, intermentenetly, the pages load slower than dialup. I have highspeed cable. When this starts happening, I click on another favorite and all is well. I Come back to this site and it is still loading slower than dialup. I dont have to dump my cache I have it set to dump when I close my browser(IE). Sometimes MyST will only load half a page and stop. As I said before, I go to another site and all is well...:wacko:

Seems Iam not the only one having trouble with the site..

Fast Eddie....

I also have high speed and have never had any prob's with the site loading, etc. Other than your cache, you might try clearing your temp internet files and maybe cookies. I really think there is something on your system that when using this site, something is getting mixed up and slowing your system down.

One pgm that I have been using for several years now on my system is called System Mechanic Professional......it really finds and cleans up "clutter" etc from your system. I've used other pgms in the past, but this one is really AAA.