OD always on

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lou M

Reaction score
Hello all. I've had this ST for quite a while without problems (2007 limited, currently 134K mi). Great vehicle for my needs.

I just noticed that when I start it the OD light never lights up then goes out like it used to. Once I saw that, I checked to see if I could switch it off and on via the button while driving. No OD light and it doesn't drop out of OD. So it stays in OD no matter what I do. Otherwise, it runs fine and shifts great. No check engine lights etc.

Is there a fuse anywhere that I should check? Should I disconnect the battery and reset the PCM? before I take it to the shop and see what they have to say? Or just go in and see what the damage will be.

Thanks

Lou...

Its working as it should other then the button.

Here is what happens:

People spill drinks, coffee and cleaner on the center console, BELOW the chrome trim ring is a little white box, the OD button and shift lock control go in that box.

The connector gets wet ands corrodes from the liquid and it stops working.

Not that expensive for parts, BUT it takes some time to fish the wires and take the console out ( unless like me got it without).

Todd Z

Hmmm.... I'll check it out. Thanks Todd Z.

I thought that the OD light would initially illuminate when you inserted the key and turned the car on before starting it.

Lou...

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts