OEM Satellite-Capable Radio AUX Input Released

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A K

Reaction score
For those looking to use their iPod as a hard-wired addition to their OEM 6CD Satellite radio, there's been a big step in the right direction. P.I.E. released the AUX input kit for the radio. Essentially, it fools the radio into thinking the AUX-in is a Satellite input.

Here's hoping they get the iPod controller box out soon. With the text ability of the 6CD radio, it'd be great to have song titles, playlists, etc. on the OEM radio.

just wondering, it says on their website
NOT compatible with, nor are there any converters available for, any Ford-made vehicles equipped with the 6-Disc in-dash headunit and/or factory navigation system.

I thought I had seen a thread in here that listed an aux input that did work with the in dash CD changer. Can anyone clarify?

Thanks

P.I.E.'s is new. Although I won't purchase one till I call them to see if they will release an iPod-compatable variant, the web site notes that:

Finally, an aux input device that will work with the Ford satellite-ready CAN-Bus radio!! The PIE FRD03-AUX/S is another new Auxiliary Input Converter from P.I.E. that will work in Ford-made vehicles that before now had no adapter or interface that was compatible. This devices connects to the 16-pin and 24-pin "Phase II" style conectors in the rear of your satellite-ready factory radio to create an external auxiliary input. The factory radio must have an "SAT" button to be compatible (see specific vehicle application list below)

. . .

# IMPORTANT APPLICATION NOTES: NOT compatible if the rear seat entertainment system option is installed, as the FRD03-AUX/S connects to the RSE connector.

# MUST have the "SAT" on radio

# MUST have the 16-pin and 24-pin "Phase II" style connector configuration to be compatible

# If your vehicle is pre-wired from the factory with a data cable running to the rear/trunk, see FRDW-AUX

# NOT compatible with vehicles with factory navigation system.

. . .

- 2004-2005 Sport-Trac

It seems as though Logjam simply hasn't updated their website to reflect the release of the P.I.E. unit.

I had been in contact with Blitzsafe regarding their offering of essentially the same unit as P.I.E.'s. However, it seemed Blitzsafe stopped R&D and likely will never release a unit. Take a stroll onto Blitzsafe's message board to see what I mean (to be honest, they don't seem to give a ____ about these Ford radios).

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts