Off road front bumper lights

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rtbehm

Reaction score
What engine do you have?
V6 engine
What year is your Sport Trac?
What Generation is your Sport Trac?
2n Gen Owner
Hello, Im considering installing some off road oval (old school KC Lites) or possibly light bar on the front of my 2010 ST XLT and interested how others decided to do theres. Please post pictures, brand of lights and procedures of installation/your total experience to perform the project.

front bull bar is easiest,
1635424896932.jpeg

Thank you for your picture... Nice. How about your interior on/off switch interior mount?

i used a jeep wrangler 5 gang rocker panel,and put it where ash tray was, it was 10 bucks thru amazon.
1635596401350.png

i have back lights on one and roof 50inch on one then 2 pod lights on bull bar with one and 20 inch on bull is a remote fog and light, put one with usb plugs. my truck is very dirty but it looks clean and works great. ya got to get creative for after market parts for tracs.

hey omattox, its just a film, and yea i looked for amber corners and could not find any, put that on 8 years ago and still holding, thought it would of came off with weather and washing and has not yet.. i like your trac it looks good.

Is that a ARE Z series Truck Cap on your Ford Sport Trac?

I would like to find one if anyone on here knows where to look...I have tired but found nothing. I was told the Z series cap is discontinued...

hey andrew, and yes it is a are, not sure what model it is but love it. i got lucky with finding one the same color as truck but would of taken any color. had to drive to oklahoma and well worth drive. friend said just look on craigs in surrounding states and i found a few but they were sold so quickly, instead of once a week i was looking daily. i will let ya know if any pop up but kell was looking and couple people on here posted ones for sale.

i have a superlift skid plate, same as lift kit. it is a pain doing oil change, way strong, i can jack truck up with it. i have grill mesh inserts under for trans line etc.

i can look for my paperwork for model, i got it wayyyy back in 2004, i know they do not make lifts for tracs anymore, the rep that emailed me said they sell parts for warranty but discontinued making, i wanted one a couple years for one of my other trac. i am sure there some skids out there.

Attachments

• mail.png
    mail.png
    4.2 KB · Views: 68
i have the email with the person from superlift and info. just trying to attach, not good with computers.

Thanks man I appreciate it. Soon as I get everything in for my lift I want to do some off reading but I'd rather not until I get a skid and splash guard. Better to be safe than sorry

It looks like RCI still makes a skid plate that fits first gen ST. It’s pretty beefy and 3/16” makes it heavy. I have it on a 2004 Sport Trac, the tow hooks in the pic are stock in the stock location. I haven’t hit anything with it but I wouldn’t be afraid to.

Attachments

• 0C89113B-37A7-490C-A966-971AF340F95A.png
    0C89113B-37A7-490C-A966-971AF340F95A.png
    256.8 KB · Views: 71
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 65
Thank you! Exactly what I'm looking for.
I got a first gen 04 sport trac. I'm just concerned about water and debree when I got mudding. I'm hoping adding extra padding and a skid plate will help. I should definitely check into grill mesh too

to the OP, there is nothing on the truck, so you need to install a front basher bar, or make mounts. The gen 2 looks silly with those accessories IMHO.

Thanks Curtis... I will keep looking...

Latest posts