Offset needed for Ranger on Wheels...

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richard Toms

Reaction score
Yeah... I'm back on the market for some wheels. I am going to buy this set of wheels: Paladin Wheels 20x8.5 Black Knight for my 1995 Ford Ranger Splash. The tires are 245/35ZR20s. OK, my concern is the right amount of offset needed. My current wheels are 18x8 TSW VX-1's wrapped in 245/35ZR18's with offset of 25mm. My current wheels tuck by about 1/16 of an inch. I know the truck calls for +35mm. But, my truck is bagged and I want to make sure the wheels will tuck in the rear fenders under the step bed. I'm not worried about the fronts, as there isn't anything in the fronts anymore. Any info, that can be told about which offset I need, will help in my process of buying these wheels. The offsets available is +20mm, +35mm and +40mm. I already posted this question on RangerPowerSports.com this morning, but haven't gotten any feedback. Thought I'd try my luck here. Thanks is advance to anyone who can input some info on this.

Link to what wheels look like:

Well, I'm not getting any answer from here or the ranger website. I'm going to guess and say +40mm backspacing is going to work. Thanks for looking anyway.

Latest posts