Oh, and what about a supercharger?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are some out there that could "work" but no kits have been made specifically for the gen2 ST. A company out there is supposedly developing one right now for the gen2 ST but there is no strong confirmation on the details of there progress.

So far, the consensus seems to be that there isn't one that will work. Dingo, one of our resident Gen 2 ST experts has done quite a bit of research on this subject. I'm sure he'll chime in here eventually...

Believe the biggest prob with the gen 2s are fitment issues, your never going to get a screw type huffer under the hood.

I would look at Vortech or pro-charger.

I have the ticket for you 4.6 guys, i just ordered a brand new roush crate engine, not because i wanted to but my OEM 4.6 had a few problems.

So my OEM engine is for sale, the OEM made 401 RWHP, pushed two rods thru the block, no biggie, couple qts of JB weld and it will be better than new, JB weld is great stuff.

all offers considerd.

[Broken External Image]:

Keeping the top half and the heads, huffer is on the way to stegmeyers to be ported, plan is to run 12 lbs of boost with a forged short block, should see at least 480 at the wheels:banana: 560 ish crank:cool:

Sad to see The OEM engine die at less than 15K miles, but as they say, thats racing.

You may find this interesting. It's also way cheaper than a supercharger.

EFI WET NITROUS SYSTEM - 2005-2007 Mustang GT

Part #82034

Dingo, what's your take on this system? Will this work without having to buy any additional parts? It looks like they have this covered.

They do mention that you need new spark plugs and a stock tune or a tune without advanced timing.

Pysc

I know your hyped on Running NO2, JMO, but is sort of silly on a trac.

And you will need a Dyno tune even with only a 75 shot, you detonate that engine, it will be toast real quick.

I wouldn't say I'm "hyped" at all. I'm interested. It's a great, on demand, power gain for the money. The more I ask questions the more information I collect. As we all know, I do this with every single mod.

They claim you do not need a dyno tune. They have a uinque system that has active fuel control for the NO2. This means that it constantly changes the amount of NO2 supplied to ensure that it doesn't run rich or lean overall. This is a competitive advantage and reduces the risk of detonation. They said you will need different spark plugs with a .30-.35 gap instead of the OEM units in the 4.6L 3 valve.

Unless stock, they advice against custom tunes that are not specifically made for NO2 apps. Timing advancment will create detonation when using NO2.

Other than that, It's a basic bolt on kit at WAY less money than a supercharger.

If running NO2 on a ST is silly than so is a supercharger. Their results are the same. One is just more invasive than the other. I can see pros and cons to both but saying that one is silly is just personal Bias.

Running a blower, and running NO2 is in no way the same, have fun, keep us posted.

Remember tho as far a no tune req. Your getting that info from the people selling the system.

I understand that they are not physically the same at all. They use different methods to produce power.

However, they both produce high HP as a bolt ons. As I said before, the supercharger is significantly more invasive than a NO2 system. It's way more costly but consistant.

Honestly, I would rather have the supercharger that produces more power at any throttle position and any rpm over NO2 that only activates at WOT and above 2500rpm. However, when considering the cost.....

Consider a supercharger on a poorly prepped engine. The result is similar to running to much NO2 without the internals to support it. From what I understand, detonation is possible in both applications.

Since my vehicle still has tons of warranty left I probably won't do either a supercharger or a NO2 kit for awhile. I do believe they both bomb your warranty unless the supercharger is Ford & Dealer installed.