Oil Capacity??????

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I change my own oil and filter ('05 4.0L), always use 5 quarts. Dipstick says it is full.

I once asked my dealer what an oil change for my truck would cost. He said it was extra capacity and would cost more. I figured he didn't know what he was talking about or was just trying to find a way to overcharge me. He also told me it should use SAE 5W-20 oil (wrong again).

Unless you have some kind of aftermarket sump or oil cooler, your '01 should use 5 quarts.

The 4.0 takes five quarts of 5W30. The 4.6 takes six quarts of 5W20. Both use Motorcraft FL820-S (Gen1, Job 2 and up). Gen 1 Job 1 used FL1-A, although there were a few that they snuck in and put the opposite filter on. The Gen 1 Job 1's and early Gen 1 Job 2's always give us fits.

I was about to change my oil and I have an 01 Job 1 and found out to my dismay they asked if I had a metric or standard thread oil filter. Did some research and found out I have a standard thread oil filter. nothing is easy these days.:lol:

Latest posts