Oil Filters in '04

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adam Smith

Reaction score
What engine do you have?
V6 engine
What year is your Sport Trac?
What Generation is your Sport Trac?
1st Gen Owner
Thanks to those who responded to my oil question.

I have found it increasingly difficult to find the Mobil 1 oil filter here in San Diego. There is a place that carries them but is out of the one I need (M1-210). K+N's are around ($2 more). I have only done a few oil changes, and plan on sticking to the 5K schedule with synthetic (have been using Mobil 1 Syn 5W30). Any suggestions on oil filters? I don't mind spending $ on a good one, either replacing the Mobil 1 with another brand or tracking one down.

Thanks.

Yep, can't beat the Motorcraft filter for price/quality/value. You should be able to buy 2 of those for the price of one Mobil1 filter. The local Wal-Mart here carries them.

Most of the time I use Motorcrafts but if you want something else I'd go with the K&N. Both it and the Mobil 1 filter are made by the same company, Champion Labs, anyway. I'm not saying they're the same filter as they are each built to each company's specs but they're both great units and among the few that use a synthetic element instead of paper. I had a lab do used oil analysis on my wife's car comparing both the M1 and K&N filters using Mobil 1 oil and the results were almost identical. Fear not the K&N.

Latest posts