Oil Galleys

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Anyone know exactly how the sohc oils its self as far as what route do the oil galleys run and where exactly they are at? I had a huge problem after replacing the tensioners and guides, went through a head and had to get it replaced, now I am not getting oil in the left bank, never had any problems with the trac before this, started right up but was some major noise realized no oil was getting into the driv. side head. I have bought the new pump, I just want to try and make sure I am looking for the right thing so I don't miss anything. The old pump seems to be in good condition. If anyone can help i would truly appreciate it. Thanks.

P.S 2001 Trac 4X4.

Don't I feel stupid!!!!!!!!!!! I made a huge mistake. The reason why the engine was not getting any oil to the drivers side head, was because when I pulled the guide on the main chain it broke off a piece and it went unoticed to me at that time, well the guide on the chain guide sits right in the oil duct causing blockage. after I took it out put the engine back in it fired right up and it is quiet, so basically my TRAC IS ALIVE AND KICKING, thanks for all those who helped with my other posts. Thanks everyone!!!!