Oil Life Monitor

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lou M

Reaction score
'07 ST 4X2 Limited

I noticed that after an oil change that the "Almost time to change" warning came up early. So I reset it and zeroed my trip odometer. After 100 miles the Oil Life indicates 80% remaining. So that means in 500 miles I will need a change.

Hmmm.....

Anyone else have this issue? I was thinking of resetting the computer by disconecting the batttery.

Thanks

Lou...

The owners manual has the breakdown of what percentage you reset the oil life, equals how many miles you want in between oil changes. There is also a reset after the oil change. Resetting the warning light and trip odometer does nothing.

Sondra

Keep in mind that these oil life monitor systems don't look at the condition of the oil at all. Each OEM uses different methodology for calculating oil life.

Lou, follow the directions in your owners manual. 100% oil life is preprogrammed for 7500 miles. I set mine at 70% for 5250 miles and religiously change it every 5K. I keep forgetting how to do it, so thank God for the manual. Bob

Thanks.

Had the time. So I thought I would change the oil myself rather than have it done. Figured that all I had to do was hit the "RESET" when it tells me to as I scan through the INFO.

I'll take a read of my manual and do it right.

"When in doubt, read the manual." Lesson learned.

Happy Holidays all!!!

Lou...

Latest posts