On The Hook

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnny O

Reaction score
Captain Hook just came with the flatbed and left with my Trac on the back. Dead as a doornail. Had it at the dealer Monday because the airbag light had been coming on, naturally it quit lighting up as soon as I made the appointment. Dealer finds nothing wrong. Today assorted warning lights took their turns lighting up, had to jump it at Wendy's after lunch and didn't quite make it back to the office when it died. It wouldn't jump at all then. I'm guessing the battery took a powder, permanently. Oh well, this is why we have warrantys, AAA, and cell phones.

So how was everybody else's day?

Air bag light coming on was the first in a series of events that lead to a new battery on warranty including several nothing wrong, or must be my imagination visits to dealer and several boosts

Alternator went bad. Dealer put on a new one. Service report said the battery tested okay, but the eye on the top of it went from totally red (dead) to a red dot with a green ring around it. Not totally green. I'll give it until tomorrow to turn green, if not then me and the dealer are going to have issues.

Latest posts