One button all windows down....

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Todd Z

4 wheel drive
2nd Gen owner
V8 Engine
Reaction score
What engine do you have?
V8 engine
What year is your Sport Trac?
What Generation is your Sport Trac?
2n Gen Owner
Ok, I got some time to look at this....

It is not a simple wiring thing, Ford did some thing with a feed back loop and control for them.

I tried the simple cut and splice with no luck.. I even tried a relay and switch. I have not tried a direct power feed, or splicing into the module yet, but I think that may be the way to go... Trigger a relay from the module that does the drivers window and use the lock switch as the selector to choose from all down to just the drivers down...

Todd Z

Todd Z,

Sounds cool, but I'm wondering if the end result is more novelty than practical? I say that because it sounds like it will take two buttons to raise/lower all windows.

If I remember right, the front left/right switches were next to one another, as were the back left/right switches. How difficult, really, is it to open/close all windows at once? Can't one fat-finger the L/R switch in the front with one finger?

Just checking (I no longer having my ST, so I can't experiment).

TJR

Well, it's not "one-button", but a similar project has been done on a Ranger (see link below). Since the Ranger and Gen 1 Sport Trac are so similar in this regard, I was going to attempt to adapt this project to my Trac.

TJR,

I was just testing the waters for the people that were interested if it could be done....

I don't drive my ST some times for months, SO I figured i could experiment on it for those that were curious...

Train,

I will take a look and maybe mod that project to use the existing switches...

Todd Z

My mercedes has that One-button open or close all windows and the sunroof on the remote.

Press the unlock button and the doors unlock, hold the button down and all the windos and sunroof open. There is a small sensor in the drivers door handle that detects the unlock and hold.

The same applies to the lock button. Press it and the doors lock. Hold the unlock button and all the windows and sunroof close.

It is probably more of a novelty, but it is nice on a hot Texas summer day to walk towards your car and open all the windows to get that blast of heat out before you get in. Once I get the AC starting cool down the car I close all the windows and sunroof.

Also, the Mercedes has Express open and close on all windows from the drivers door.

...Rich

My VW Jetta had the feature of being able to roll all windows up or down by use of the key in the door lock (in case you forgot to roll one up after you got out). I installed a circuit board from Alien Tech that added to this by allowing you to perform those functions from the key fob by pressing the lock/unlock buttons in a certain sequence.

Hey Todd,

Look up Viper's module - I have it installed in my ST to roll up all windows when armed... I can vent them open or roll them all down with the remote! I'll send some vids of it!

Viper Window Rollup/Rolldown Module Part # Viper530T

If you have 4 windows u'll need 2 of these modules, they each do 2 windows both up and down.... comes with instructions and you can use a push button if u want or add to aux buttons on a remote from an alarm/starter!

Also if you connect them into your main driver's door, it gives you one touch up/down feature for all windows connected to the module! SAWEET!

I install alot of these, I do A/V intallations and Command Start/ Alarm systems for Visions Electronics! I'll might post some of my installation pics!

*Anyone needing wiring help/aid or need a sweet setup look me up! I'll have more pics of my ST's Audio/Video System soon!

Check out my son's ride! heh

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3094996

Last edited by a moderator:
Black Horse:

Will this Viper module allow one-touch operation from the buttons on the door panel, or just the Viper remote?

Again,

THIS IS NOT FOR ME..... I have the viper remote start/early warning/alarm in my truck and love it...

I was trying to find a cost effective way of doing this so no module or "kit" had to be purchased...

The viper thing is a cool Idea, What is the cost of something like that ??

Todd Z

It is probably more of a novelty, but it is nice on a hot Texas summer day to walk towards your car and open all the windows to get that blast of heat out before you get in

Richard L, amen to that. Im in houston..

RE: TrainTrac

This gives you one touch operation at the buttons/controls you have them tide into, IE:) hook 2 modules up right in the drivers door, each module does 2 windows up and down, so you will need 2 modules to do all 4 windows, and had them installed in the drivers door since ALL window controls are on there and gives me the 1-touch up/down at that point in the drivers door. It can work as a stand-alone without the need of a alarm system.

The price is roughly $50-70 each module, you may find them cheaper on eBay.

Viper530T Window Roll-up Module

Latest posts