One Week Update on Tranny Fix

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Martin

Reaction score
It has been one week now since I tried Dingo's fix in trying to make my transmission work correctly.

Every issue I was having before trying this is now gone. No more slipping and it shifts better than it did when I bought it a year ago. I'm not driving it like I stole it, but not driving like I want to save every drop of gas.

I am getting better gas mileage as well. I think with the slipping, my RPM's had to climb more between shifts, thus using up more gas in the process. Now my RPM's are staying lower while the truck shifts between gears. It feels like it has alot more pep, get up and go when I want to get on it. No hesitation now when I need it to downshift during passing, etc.

From what I understand, this fix will only work on the '07's or '08's. So, anyone who is finding that their trucks are slipping, give this fix a try before going to the dealer for some TSB that may or may not work.

Thanks Eddie.....

At least this has saved me the headache of taking my truck to Ford and prob wasting my time for nothing.

Latest posts