Onepete.com

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How can Texas talk since they havent won in around 40 yrs? and their best player is going to the NFL. Good Luck next year.

LSUSPORTSFREAK...

Sounds like your very jealous of USC (not that I'm an SC backer, SDSU for me, San Diego State University)???

They were going for their third national title in a row (what 34 wins in a row to I think)...

When LSU won their's, they only won half of it, the BCS (USC won the A/P)...

The A/P (Associated Press) Poll is a seperate ranking and has been around for a long time (never agreed to give up there's even on the formation of the BCS and up till this year, their ranking was part of the formula which was replaced by the Harris Poll)...

I think this happened with Georgia Tech (Bobby Ross) and Colorado (BCS wasn't around back then) in regards to splitting the National Championship...

When USC won the BCS (2004), they also won the A/P (many had hoped that Auburn would receive the A/P version due to their perfect season, myself included, but didn't)...

Texas did the same this year (both rankings)...

So please get your facts correct (that glass football is not the only national championship, just the one that gets the most ink due to it's direct ties to the NCAA)...

Last edited by a moderator:
So Mark, then you would have to agree that Auburn was co-champions last year, since they got royally jipped. USC gets one title, or 2 shared titles...

Hi Jeff C,

It doesn't really matter what we think, but it probably would have been the right thing for the A/P to vote Auburn their title winner (since they went undefeated as well)...

But here's probably why they didn't...

The year USC split the title with LSU was because USC was squeezed out of the BCS by their computer ranking...

Going into the bowl weekend, the rankings were as follows:

1) Oklahoma

2) LSU

3) USC

The A/P had the rankings as follows:

1) USC

2) LSU

3) Oklahoma

With LSU's victory over Oklahoma (which wasn't by a wide margin, 21-14), LSU didn't jump over USC in the A/P poll which then made USC 1 and LSU 2...

Now, in 2004, Auburn went into the bowl games as number 3 in the BCS and A/P. So, with USC's win, a number 3 can't jump a number 1 (at least that's how the polls/rankings have always worked in the past). What also hurt Auburn was that USC pounded Oklahoma (55-19)...

In this years title game, everybody makes it sound like Texas waxed USC (far from it). They were down 12 points with 6 minutes and change to go. Had to convert 2 4th downs, one on defense and one on offense, to win by a field goal (which was sweet)...

I'm in no way an SC honk, as USC wouldn't piss in our direction, SDSU (second thought, they probably would). But I could careless anyway...

What gets me is why you all get so worked up over these college rankings???

It's not like you effected the outcome (could be wrong)...

But unless you contributed to the win (playing in the game and making big plays), donated million(s) as a booster, or wagered mucho mas dolores (lots of cash) and won, what's the big deal???

It cracks me up when I see fans go on these emotional highs and lows when their team wins and/or gets beat, especially when they had nothing to do with the outcome :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts