opinion please

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
have an '01 with 139K miles. had the head gasket blow around 94K. now the ball joints, etc are worn out. my question is, is the head gasket a problem I should be concerned with on another V6. like the look of the Adrenalin, but not sure about the extra 3 grand. and if I go that route, not sure about the V6 vs future gas prices.

What is it with Ford and Head gaskets? We had Ford Windstar with 3 HG's blow and (yea, I guess my hand didn't get burned enough) we purchased another one, and when we hit 38K we had an engine issue that cost me $800 -- the following day we purchased a Honda Pilot.

I would go with the v8. I hate the pickup of the v6. Our Pilot is like a rocket.

Daniel, appreciate the reply. have you yet had any issues with your Sport Trac and how many miles? Speaking of the Pilot, I like the Ridgeline; although I admit the looks will take some getting used to, the quality and longevity is there.

I have never had a head gasket blow on any Ford V6 engine we have ever had.

The Windstar did have some issues with the 3.8L V6. My father had a 3.8L in his Thunderbird, but NEVER had one issue with it.

Tom

I have never had a head gasket blown in any vehicle I have ever owned, Ford, GM, Cryslers, even VW's and Subaru, never no matter what size engine they all had.

There are things you can do with the V6 to improve your miledge, lots of folks here have.

Latest posts