Opinions about Cruise Control Replacement Switches

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lester Durst

Reaction score
This will be the 2nd time the plastic covers on my Cruise Control buttons have "cracked up".

I think the replacement unit I installed was MotorCraft which lasted 8-9 years ( I use my Cruise ALL the time).

Shopping for a replacement set of switches I see the prices range from the teens to the hundreds (OEM)

Any opinions on the quality of the...less expensive switches? I'm a get what you pay for kind of guy so I don't mind paying good money if the high(er) dollar (Dorman?) units are of better quality AND will last longer

Went the cheap option many years ago. Still works fine and looks like new. Only small issue I have is the flexible plastic covers can be pulled off rather easily and are hard to snap back on unless you pull the airbag. Now I am mindful to take care that I don't get something caught on them as I am getting out.

I replaced mine with the cheap ones. They appear to be very good quality. Very happy with mine.

Just replaced mine with a C$35 set off Amazon (Brand: A Abigail). Very impressed so far, but not much history with them yet. Thinner plastic makes it much easier than the OEMs to push the buttons.

Latest posts