option changes???

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JAN YOUNDT

Reaction score
ok guys - i jumped the gun when i said that i had an adrenalin - just picked it up tonight.

got home, had a chance to check things out. disapointed that it does not have some of the features that my 03 had. heated seats, power passenger seat, less interior storage. thought i'd been had - then checked the ford motor site. seems that NO new sport trac has those features - what gives? when did that all change? sure am going to miss those heated seats in the winter - was a nice warm up in the morning. guess i have to "settle" cause the exterior is SO HOT!!!

I would be disappointed as well...

I HATE it when options go away. If I am willing to pay for them, then I WANT them...

They jus are not an option on the adrenalin. You could always get a shop to install them. There is a local shop that does it here for about 200 dollars a seat.

The 2009 will have those options added back in....

Another great Ford engineering call....

Todd Z

While at the Louisville meet, I asked the Ford Marketing reps (who both came to the meet driving red STA's) about the absence of heated seats in the '08 STA. They said that it was due to the fact that the STA seats were different from the rest of the '08 ST line, and didn't have have heated capability. However, as Todd stated above, the Ford reps said this has been corrected for '09, and the 2009 STA will have heated seats.

I also asked them about the lack of a power passenger seat in the Gen 2 ST. This seemed odd to me, because the Gen 1 ST had both power driver and passenger seats as an option. (Both my '02 ST and current '04 STA have dual power front seats). The Ford reps had no explanation for this... Me thinks it was a stupid beancounter's "cost-cutting" decision.:angry:

Heated seats are really not a bog deal. I live in upstate NY and I've never had an issue with leather in the winter. It seems to heat up with your own body heat pretty fast. I've yet to have my STA though a winter so I don't know how it's going to be for this truck.

Like Big D said, it's a fairly cheap fix. There are aftermarket units that can do it for $200 bucks a seat, give or take. Someone posted about it on this forum a few months ago and found a nice inexpensive set. I'm trying to get some from Dingo!

In my twisted brain I think that the 08 STA is special because it's the only second gen Limited model to not have heated seats and the only second gen STA that will be made without them!

Last edited by a moderator:
Train Trac said.

This seemed odd to me, because the Gen 1 ST had both power driver and passenger seats as an option. (Both my '02 ST and current '04 STA have dual power front seats).

I have the '04 xlt premium w/comfort package. This the second Ford I have had that only the driver seat is powered. All other Fords that I bought that were premium or comfort package, both seats had power. At first I thought ford cheated me.

Simulary when we bought the first Escape, '01 xlt top of the line full optioned, no limited at that time. Driver pwr seat only. None of the door switches or cruise buttons were lighted. That was crappy IMO, for the top line Escape. Now they are lighted, even on the base model, '08.

This seemed odd to me, because the Gen 1 ST had both power driver and passenger seats as an option. (Both my '02 ST and current '04 STA have dual power front seats). The Ford reps had no explanation for this... Me thinks it was a stupid beancounter's "cost-cutting" decision

The 01 ST just had the power driver, no power passenger. Pretty sure it didn't have heated seats either, because those were the changes I remember getting going to the 03 ST, power passenger seat and heated.

Never bothered me...... maybe becasue I live here in Florida. Mother nature saw fit to heat teh seats for me!

IM Pissed that they did not allow Seat "Coolers" as an option, maybe teh bean counters will add this in 2010~ haha

Latest posts