OT: Congratulations Barack Obama

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Obama is now the president elect. He won and we should now give him some slack. Political rhetoric will now make place for actual ideals. Lets see what was BS and what is real.

Obama is now the president elect. He won and we should now give him some slack. Political rhetoric will now make place for actual ideals. Lets see what was BS and what is real.

The exact same way I fell too.

You guys just don't get light hearted sacasm...

I see white guys dress like this as well,

it's the Hip-Hopers who got him elected as well as others.

maybe it's you guys who are looking too much into the stereotypes:eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
I see what is wrong with this country out in full force on this board.

Me to, and I am so disappointed. If the majority of the people feel the way they are expressing themselves on this board then maybe this is not the place for me. It's not healthy for this board and most of all, IT'S NOT HEALTHY FOR AMERICA. For those of you that have made references to moving elsewhere, hurry up and throw your dart at the globe and if it misses please follow it anyway (because they don't need you either). The only thing worse than a sore looser in a fair race, is a sore racist looser in a fair race. To the few honorable people that are willing to follow the leader that the American people have chosen even though it might not be your candidate of choice, Thanks for doing the rite thing.

No matter what a republican or anyone who didn't vote for Obama says, we will always be accused of being racist.

Wrong, it's statements like this that PROVE you are racist.

"I just checked with Rosetta Stone to see if they had a program that would teach us how to speak AA-ish." and also, " I have heard that now that we are going to have a muslim Commander in Chief, first order of business is a new job in the military, Suicide Bomber"

Will I give President-Elect Obama slack -- no. I disagree with him on most issues, and I won't give a pass for that. Respect him and for the office -- yes.

Rocks

Lil Red said:
To the few honorable people that are willing to follow the leader that the American people have chosen even though it might not be your candidate of choice, Thanks for doing the right thing.

You are welcome. But no thanks deserved. It's called being a "grown up" and an American.

TJR

Thanks TrainTrac- I should have highlighted the racist comments as you did- I was not maligning all of the McCain supporter's comments, and I don't believe all are racists.

Nor do I believe all McCain supporters are racist. Wanted to clarify that as well.

btw, I did not vote for Obama.

At least those that are bitter still have their God and guns to cling to...

[Broken External Image]:

I found nothing particularly offensive about that comment, BTW. If the shoe fits, right...

TJR

Earlier, I said:

They're right down there in the gutter with all of the vile things said about George Bush over the last eight years.

This illustrates exactly what I was talking about. Let's not sink to this level. Though you may disagree with Obama's viewpoints, show some respect for the office and the challenge he will soon face as President.

NOVEMBER 5, 2008

The Treatment of Bush Has Been a Disgrace

What must our enemies be thinking?

By JEFFREY SCOTT SHAPIRO

Earlier this year, 12,000 people in San Francisco signed a petition in support of a proposition on a local ballot to rename an Oceanside sewage plant after George W. Bush. The proposition is only one example of the classless disrespect many Americans have shown the president.

According to recent Gallup polls, the president's average approval rating is below 30% -- down from his 90% approval in the wake of 9/11. Mr. Bush has endured relentless attacks from the left while facing abandonment from the right.

This is the price Mr. Bush is paying for trying to work with both Democrats and Republicans. During his 2004 victory speech, the president reached out to voters who supported his opponent, John Kerry, and said, "Today, I want to speak to every person who voted for my opponent. To make this nation stronger and better, I will need your support, and I will work to earn it. I will do all I can do to deserve your trust."

Those bipartisan efforts have been met with crushing resistance from both political parties.

The president's original Supreme Court choice of Harriet Miers alarmed Republicans, while his final nomination of Samuel Alito angered Democrats. His solutions to reform the immigration system alienated traditional conservatives, while his refusal to retreat in Iraq has enraged liberals who have unrealistic expectations about the challenges we face there.

It seems that no matter what Mr. Bush does, he is blamed for everything. He remains despised by the left while continuously disappointing the right.

Yet it should seem obvious that many of our country's current problems either existed long before Mr. Bush ever came to office, or are beyond his control. Perhaps if Americans stopped being so divisive, and congressional leaders came together to work with the president on some of these problems, he would actually have had a fighting chance of solving them.

Like the president said in his 2004 victory speech, "We have one country, one Constitution and one future that binds us. And when we come together and work together, there is no limit to the greatness of America."

To be sure, Mr. Bush is not completely alone. His low approval ratings put him in the good company of former Democratic President Harry S. Truman, whose own approval rating sank to 22% shortly before he left office. Despite Mr. Truman's low numbers, a 2005 Wall Street Journal poll found that he was ranked the seventh most popular president in history.

Just as Americans have gained perspective on how challenging Truman's presidency was in the wake of World War II, our country will recognize the hardship President Bush faced these past eight years -- and how extraordinary it was that he accomplished what he did in the wake of the September 11 attacks.

The treatment President Bush has received from this country is nothing less than a disgrace. The attacks launched against him have been cruel and slanderous, proving to the world what little character and resolve we have. The president is not to blame for all these problems. He never lost faith in America or her people, and has tried his hardest to continue leading our nation during a very difficult time.

Our failure to stand by the one person who continued to stand by us has not gone unnoticed by our enemies. It has shown to the world how disloyal we can be when our p

I don't care about who voted for who, or what your reasoning was. For once in a very long time when had to very good candidates to choose from, but I was getting annoiyed by a lot of the petty bickering that was going on here. Particularly the lies and inuendos that iplied the candidates for President and vice president were something other than what they really were.

Things like, Obama was a Muslim which is not true. Saying that Obama was buddy buddy with Ayers which is not true. Also implying that Palin was not qualified to be president when she has as much or more executive experience as Obama, etc.

Nobody is qualified to be President of the United States until they are elected and put in that position. Most of our past Presidental candidates have been either Sneators. Govenors, or former Vice Presidents.Some of the most popular Presidents were former state Governors including Reagan and Clinton.

I voted for Obam simply because he instilled more confinidence that he could do the job and could unite, accept different political views and reach reasonable compromises to move forward. As a former Vietnam veteran, I have great respect for John McCain and supported him earlier in the race because I believed he would also be a very good President. I knew that the Republicans were going to loose a lot of Congressional and Senate seats and a Republican President was not going to be very effective under that situation. I think Bush ruined any chanve of McCain winning.

Now we only sit back and see if Obama can deliver on what he promised. He should be able to since the Democrats have the majority in the Senate and Congress, there should be no excuses accepted for failure.

...Rich

I will now say I voted for MC. Not that I wanted to but OB scares me. Now though we can hope that the checks and balances preserves our constitution. We as a people can come together as Americans.

OB will be my president I will respect and hope in him. For those of us that are praying folks. Lets lift him up that God will guide his steps.

My hope is this board can get back to normal over all this. Lets stop all this stupid division. The 4 yrs. I have been here we have had a great group of folks with good discusions without the name calling(sometimes).

For all of us lets go forward and have a good day.:D

Now we only sit back and see if Obama can deliver on what he promised. He should be able to since the Democrats have the majority in the Senate and Congress, there should be no excuses accepted for failure.

I totally agree, if Barack Obama uses the Democratic majority in the Senate and Congress in a "responsible" way to make good decisions and policies then this could be the best thing that happened to America in a long time. We will not accept excuses for failure and we will hold him accountable for the results.

I'm all for rallying around a new president for the simple fact that stuff need to get done.

However, on both sides there is differences of opinions on how they get done.

I've never seen Democrats "Rally" around Bush. They didn't even give him a chance.

We got attacked, Bush defended this country the best he could and we have not had a 9-11 since. Not saying I totally agree with everything Bush has done. But the Dems usually want US to change or alter our policies and not the other way around.

It might be time for a Viable third party to really mix things up.

As you guys know, I am big supporter of the Fair Tax.

The pendulum will swing the other way in time, it always does.

May God bless Obama and the United States of America.

I about died laughing this morning when Fox News went to commercial and the music playing was "Living in the Promised Land" by Willie Nelson. I wonder if it was intentional.

Well all the news stations said and its true no matter who won the election it will take more then one term to really start fixing things, were so screwed to begin with, its gonna take awhile to see changes, I think alot of people voted for obama (including me) because of his message...........when you think about it, when your deciding on who you vote for it basically comes down to who sold you, there like car sales man, who gave you the best price, and obviously alot of people believed in obama.

as a side note just to explain some things that kind of pulled me away from mccain, just cuz i can:)

- the whole time he and his people or whatever would say oh he was a pow and he will fight for you and he is a true american (ok, but what does that have to do with anything, about running a country, nothing yea thats great and I praise him for doing that, but he used that way too much

- SARAH PALIN omg ok what if john mccain for some scary reason dropped dead while in office, that probably was the game changer for alot of people

- John Mccain said that obama has never been tested, when was the last time he was tested, when he was fighting in the war???

- last thing, obama always brought people of different races/ages and I thought that was nice, if anyone wants to argue that bring it, but looking at mccain's speeches (hint hint) his last one after knowing he lost, what kind of people did you see in the crowd hmmmmm

but thats my two cents if anyone doesnt agree blah blah blah dont be a sore loser, and if you didnt vote at all you should get jail time haahahaaha

Back on 11/3/04, the day after the last presidential election, these were typical of the messages posted on this board by typical conservative members:

Our president has been given his directive. It is up to the losing party to support our country and the voter's directive. Not to begin at day one to put into place a minority stone wall and complain that a conservative party president isn't acting liberal enough.

How about the liberal party getting on the band wagon and supporting the election results.

And with that said, we welcome the liberal party to participate in any way to move our country ahead in the conservative agenda. Welcome aboard.

The functional majority of America HAS spoken - now get over it.

Just because you are "eligible" to vote, doesn't mean you embrace the mental and emotional faculties to vote for the right reasons.

It is not about "reaching out" as much as it is "educating".

So in that realm, George indeed has a second chance to educate the Democrats and work for a stronger and better USA.

Today, these are messages posted by typical conservative members:

Congratulations on buying an election. I am sure that is what our fore fathers had in mind back in the day.

Just wondering how many times I will get sick tomorrow. I am just thoroughly disgusted with the drones and lemmings that just blindly went and pulled the lever to let the dirtiest politician (it started when he lied to McCain about public funds and just continued everytime his mouth moved) into the highest office.

Figure that tax hit is going to hurt so bad I mind as well go and lose my job and start being on the receiving end....please spread the wealth to me!

Or may just write a book or two, 'How to get your piece of the 'spreaded wealth' or 'Receiving spreaded wealth for dummies' (will tell you how to work the system)

Let it all just be a bad dream tomorrow.

I am throwing darts at a map of the world right now...where to move? I am thinking South America, they at least have the 4-door Ranger with a diesel in it that I want.

If Obama is able to deliver on what he has promised, we'd all better get used to living in the cold and dark, as fuel and electricity will be priced out of reach of the average working person.

Welcome to the USSR west.

The Obama Campaign getting out the votes was like handing out welfare checks

the 40% that pay no taxes, but will get a check decided this election.

The America we knew, is gonna be as bankrupt as Social Security before too long.

I just checked with Rosetta Stone to see if they had a program that would teach us how to speak AA-ish. No luck, but she said we should be able to pick up on it easily, providing that we listen to the media alot when we are jobless.

Time to start working "under the table" and burying money in my kitchen floor.

Typical, hypocritical, full of @#$%, sore loser, @#$%ing conservatives...

Bill

p.s. Side note--While looking through this boards' archives to find the first quotes of my post, I also came across this post by me, made the day after the 2004 presidential election, responding to RichardL's comment that 2008 would be between John Kerry and John McCain...

I can see McCain, but I have a feeling Kerry will end up going the way of Dukakis. I think there was a reason the Democrats put Barrack Obama as their keynote speaker at the convention, and I wouldn't be surprised if he's on the ticket in 08.

I guess I should have gone to Vegas and put a couple bucks on that prediction, huh? :D

Latest posts