OT: Craziest Tax Write-offs - A Pimped out Amish Buggy?!?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Check out the link, but I'm posting the last one since it is a ride in a manner of speaking.

Pimp my buggy

This one was so outlandish that Dittrick actually faxed us the two-page itemized receipt to prove it: "We live in an Amish community here and we had an Amish guy who tried to take a deduction for his buggy with velvet interior, the whole works. It was tricked out. He was legitimately Amish, but with all the accoutrements on this buggy, when they're supposed to live the simple life, it was absolutely hilarious," she says.

How pimped out was his ride? According to the receipt, this baby came equipped with dash lights, kick plates, tinted windshield, speedometer, hydraulic brakes and dimmer switches. The standard buggy costs $2,675; this pimped-out version ran $3,545.

"He could deduct the buggy of course, since it was used for business, but on that one, we had to pick and choose what we were going to deduct," Dittrick says. "But the Amish teenagers do go through a period where they sew their wild oats, so to speak, and put the fuzzy dice and boom boxes in them. Every so often in the police blotters up here you'll see a complaint about a buggy with music playing."

Last edited by a moderator:
Rodger, that is funny! and how funny I was just in PA in an Amish community!

I actually I flew home this morning 1/23 in the AM.

I was never happy to feel 46 degrees! ha ha! I love PA though snow and all!

:)

Latest posts