Overhead temp display

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've done a lot of looking and can't quite find what I'm looking for. I just bought an 04' sport trac that has the overhead temp display and the moonroof. The temp display starts out fine and is accurate. However after teh car has been running for a while the temp starts to rise as though the engine heat/interior heat is affecting it. I read some people say the sensor is by the radiator but I wanted to see what other opinions were. Ive also seen a lot of people say the resistors are an issue but I dont have issues with it going out or stopping altogether.

i have a 01 st and i did the conversion, meaning my truck didnthave it and i installed it from a explorer sport, the sensor is located in front of the rad between the radiator and the radiot support on the drivers side, it looks like a little black cone with a electrical plug connector on it. btw my temp is accurate when driving and idleing.i dont know if this helps but this is all i know.

My '01 came with the outside-air-temperature display, but no moonroof.

The temperature shown is always accurate.

My '01 came with the outside-air-temperature display, but no moonroof.

The temperature shown is always accurate.

NoHeat.....um....thanks i guess. Not sure why you thought that was helpful or insightful but thanks for the effort anyway. Maybe you thought posting it twice would help???

Nah, sometimes the system just gives you two replies when you ask for only one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nah, sometimes the system just gives you two replies when you ask for only one.

Like this...

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts