P A T S bypass or reset

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burn out Bob

Reaction score
I have a 2004 XLT . Nothing extra added , has PW,PDL,PSeat with 130,000 miles & it won't start or even turn over . Have tried all the remedies that I could find like inserting key in door lock , turning key & holding it for 40 seconds ,also did the same thing in the ign for a longer period. Nothing works except for the horn blowing. The battery has been disconnected for overnight still nothing. The headlights work OK. Every shop in the area will not even talk to you or take anything till next year. There has to be an answer to this. We sold the truck & all was fine, new owner came to pick it up & zero nothing. The wife & I really feel bad, the new owner still has faith likes the truck & wants it bad but it needs to start & run. Can some one please help.

Bad ring around the key lock in the column..... Or the pats module.... Sadly have to try changing some things.. Have you tried the Second key? For S&G try starting in Neutral.

Is the theft light flashing fast?
Thread 'Theft light blinking fast' Theft light blinking fast

Swap the starter relay (49) and the blower relay (55). Try to start. If no change pull the starter relay (49) and jump pins 30 and 87. The engine should spin but won't start. If so, then you potentially have a super easy fix of the transponder ring around the ignition switch. I found the ring on ebay for cheap, or was it Amazon, can't remember.

Have you scanned codes? If you can't get, or get to, a scan tool then the thread linked above will explain how I figured out how to interpret the theft light blink codes.

Last edited:

Latest posts