P.A.T.S

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TGUIRA

Reaction score
Hello again everyone!

I'm going to install a new alarm system in my truck with remote start. I want to keep the current system as well, but I need to bypass the stock security system during remote start. I know that they sell bypass modules on ebay, but I don't see any for the sport trac. I am wondering if there is anyone out there who can tell me if this is something that I could fabricate with some knowledge of electronics? or would anybody know if I could use the 555f,555u,etc...

Thanks!

Get the correct module form the alarm place..... This is one of those areas it doesn't pay to scrimp... The best one is the one where you place a key in the box... ALSO get the third key cut and program it to the truck, BEFORE you install the remote start...

Todd Z

I have an 04 ST. with a Viper 791 alarm/remote start with a P.A.T. key box. The "Directed" brand part # is: 556uw, is a universal interface module. This is the one that works with my Viper. I don't know if it works with others. It came from Best Buy, maybe the install guys there can help. Gary D. in CT

You can get the 555U from directed electronics (viper) this module works with any and all remote starter units... you will need you to place one of your spare keys in it, it reads the resistance in the key and there is a coil that wraps around the key cylinder which allows the starter to start teh truck w/o a key. You do lose a key tho as your spare gets locked into that transponder box... there is a 555F which will also work, it reads the code from the key and keeps it in memory, you won't need to get a spare key or give one up in this case. This unit is a bit more sketchy cause it can lose memory easy and won't allow you to start the truck without the key. Re-programming is a pain in that a$$, lose a key, get the 555U. its easy and simple and will always work.

A good trick if you're worried about leaving a key in your truck is to go buy a key from ford but don't get it cut. this way if they find the spare key and try to steal it they can't cause it isn't cut yet! :cool:

Last edited by a moderator: