P0001 Fuel Volume Regulator

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ed Fenwick

Reaction score
What engine do you have?
V6 engine
What year is your Sport Trac?
What Generation is your Sport Trac?
1st Gen Owner
Hi folks, The Track threw a code yesterday. p0001 fuel volume regulator. Is this something that I can spray into the engine or unhook the battery? Or do I replace the gizmo?
About a week ago at fillup, I put in a bottle of Lucus fuel treatment. Would this have anything to do with the trouble code? Results on utube give many different remedies.
Thanks in advance for any help, Ed

That's a new one! I'd try giving it a fillup with premium gas, run that for 50 miles,
reset the TroubleCode, drive another 50 miles, see if the TroubleCode comes back.

Premium you say, ok, I'll do that. It is over 3/4 full now with reg, should I let it rundown more?
Thanks Ed

Fill it now. Drive 50miles then fill again.

That's a weird one as the fuel pressure regulator is mechanical on the gen 1 from what I remember. I don't believe it has a sensor.... But its saying the sensor is bad or the wiring.. Could be a sensor in the fuel tank or at the fuel rail. the pressure regulator is on the back of the fuel rail at the firewall.

Could be a sensor in the fuel tank or at the fuel rail. the pressure regulator is on the back of the fuel rail at the firewall.
My '04 pump is electronic controled from the ECU. Only a pressure sensor on the fuel rail.

Thanks Tod, I will look. Dillard said to put some premium gas in and drive 50 miles. 'did that then cleared the code an have driven twenty miles so far and started it 5 times. No check engine light yet.
God bless you all Ed

I'm thinking the fuel treatment you used or that fillup may have been funky
& need to push that through the system with some good gas..

Last edited:
Yes Dillard, that has always been in the back of my mind. It may take a week or so to get to 1/2 tank. I suppose that as long as the engine is running ok it won't hurt anything.
Interesting but not related, I have always turned off the fuel pump until there was oil pressure before ignition, to stop the clatter. Since the last oil change, I haven't needed to.
Prayer works but not on my time schedule. Ed

BTW Dillard, your last post went to my junk folder! Did you do something different?

BTW Dillard, your last post went to my junk folder! Did you do something different?
No setting changes on this end; forum admins must be getting tired of me?

Yes Dillard, that has always been in the back of my mind. It may take a week or so to get to 1/2 tank. I suppose that as long as the engine is running ok it won't hurt anything.
Interesting but not related, I have always turned off the fuel pump until there was oil pressure before ignition, to stop the clatter. Since the last oil change, I haven't needed to.
Prayer works but not on my time schedule. Ed
Assuming you mean pushing gas pedal to floor to kill ignition+injectors while cranking,
not actually turning off the fuel pump? I typically do this if engine is 12+ hours cold.
Are your OilPressurized TimingTensioners due for a change?

nope they are new.

Latest posts