P0171 & P0174 Issue

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cesar Macias

Reaction score
When I first got the truck with 109k miles, I saw the engine light, so i did a full tune-up with plugs, wires, gas and air filters, and oil change. When I reset the system the light didn't come up anymore so I figured it was solved with the tune-up. Yesterday it came up again and so I purchased a scanner and it gave me the P0171 and P0174 codes. After reading some posts here I checked the elbow hose and sure enough, that's the problem. It has a crack and it's callasped. Does anyone know the name and part number from Ford or autozone? Also, do I need any special tooling?

Thanks,

Cesar

[email protected]

Dont know the # but it is a ford part. Do a search the part# has been mentioned before.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here ya go. Picture and part numbers:

[Broken External Image]:

Motorcraft # KCV - 190

NEW Ford # 4L5Z - 6758 - HA

OR

OLD Ford # 4L5E - 6K817 - HA

I bought one from our site sponsor Torrie at FastPartsNetwork.com, and received it in about five days. I used the "new" part number. I've bookmarked the thread linked below to I can quickly refer back to it when needed.:banana:

Last edited by a moderator:
If its the elbow in the front under the coolant line you may want to try this. I went to advanced auto and got a a heater core hose that they had and cut it. It worked perfectly. I was in a pinch cause it happened saturday right before memorial day and I needed the truck to tow the boat to the lake. The part number was 303628 and it was $15.99. took bout 5 mins to complete.