Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Does anyone have the same problem?

• Total voters

Marie S

Reaction score
My 2004 is being weird, it had the code p0193 so I changed the Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor yesterday. This morning the engine light came back on. I scanned it on the computer and the same code came up. It also said that the truck is misfiring, I don't know what is going on. Does anyone have any insight on what it may be.

Did you pull the negative batt terminal, to reset the computer. New fuel filter. look at the below greek info from my word DTC file. Maybe filter or fuel pump. IDK.
P0193 - Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor Circuit High Input (FRP) The comprehensive component monitor (CCM) monitors the FRP sensor circuit to the PCM for high voltage. If voltage were to fall below a calibrated limit and a calibrated amount of time during testing, the test will fail. • FRP signal shorted to VREF or VPWR.
• FRP signal open (gasoline only)
• Low fuel pressure (NG only)
• Damaged FRP sensor.
• Damaged PCM.
• High fuel pressure (caused by damaged fuel pressure regulator) NG. A FRP PID value during KOER or KOEO less than 0.3 volts for gasoline or 0.5 volts for natural gas vehicles (NG) would indicate a hard fault.

P0192 - Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor Circuit Low Input (FRP) The comprehensive component monitor (CCM) monitors the FRP sensor circuit to the PCM for low voltage. If voltage were to fall below a calibrated limit and amount of time during testing, the test will fail. • FRP signal shorted to SIG RTN or PWR GND.
• FRP signal open (NG only)
• Low fuel pressure (NG only)
• Damaged FRP sensor.
• Damaged PCM. A FRP PID value during KOER or KOEO less than 0.3 volts for gasoline or 0.5 volts for natural gas vehicles (NG) would indicate a hard fault.

P0191 - Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor Circuit Performance (FRP) The comprehensive component monitor (CCM) monitors the FRP pressure for acceptable fuel pressure. The test fails when the fuel pressure falls below or exceeds a minimum/maximum calibrated value for a calibrated period of time. • High fuel pressure.
• Low fuel pressure.
• Damaged FRP sensor.
• Excessive resistance in circuit.
• Low or no fuel. A FRP PID value during KOER of 138 kpa (20 psi) and 413 kpa (60 psi) for gasoline or 586 kpa (85 psi) and 725 kpa (105 psi) for natural gas vehicles (NG) is acceptable.

Latest posts