P0303 CODE

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robert Hall

Reaction score
Check engine light came on, P0303 code on SCAN gague. Misfire on #3 cycinder. Only does it under heavy load, like accerating getting on freeway. Cleared code and engine light went away. Get on it again and light comes back on. Doesn't do it driving around town. 2005 with 47K miles on it. I changed out the spark plugs this summer and put in Motorcraft SP-500 plugs back in. Something I did replacing plugs this summer?

Also check the plug that goes to the coil pack (the one from pcm). if it is loose or dirty it can throw the same code... Had it happen to a friend of mine with a v8 explorer but I would assume it could happen to the v6 as well (same connector just different pin out).

Keep on trac'n

-Don D.

Checked the connection on spark plug, pull off number three wire on coil pack and put back on. Disconnected input cable on coil pack and reconnected. Took it on the road and could not get it to happen again. No engine light and no codes set. Punched it, had it up to 85 mph, did that several times and no engine light.

Latest posts