P0708 Wonderful

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris H 3

Reaction score
I noticed the O/D light flashing when I started the '02 ST after it sat for a week in one of those off site airport lots. I thought I must have hit the OD button on accident, so I hit it again. That didn't seem to do it so I hit it yet again. I saw it blink once more after I stopped to grab a sandwich.

This morning I started the truck in the Garage and the CEL and the O/D light came on. The O/D light goes off after a while but the CEL stays on all day.

On the way home from work I stopped in at Advance Auto and had them read the code.

P0708 - Transmission Range sensor HI Condition.

Is this an expensive transmission problem or a sensor replacement? I have a remanufactured transmission in the truck with about a year left on the warranty.

Chris H.

would guess that anytime the OD light is blinking, its NOT a good thing, but since you have some warranty left, take in now.

I did, jimp.

I just heard from the service tech. They replaced the Neutral Safety Switch.

I guess they run an electrical check on everything before they start with the expensive stuff. And wouldn't you know, that this was not included in the warranty, but from the original trans.

After a Google search, I see that this unit is cheaper then he told me it was. Do they recognized the risk they have incurred in this warranty? Are they trying to reduce the liability?

I have not searched for this part on MYST, yet but will.

Latest posts