PA system install ?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Rogers

Reaction score
I am wanting to install a Coga PA / Horn on my 05 Sport Trac , just something to have fun with at football games and such. Has anyone done this on his/her Trac ? It should be easy , however I am just curious on a good place to access the 12 volt power for the amplifier. Is it best to go direct into the fuse box or should I tap into something else ? I will mount the amp under the drivers seat.

Thanks for any info

:rolleyes:

Does a horn/speaker mount under the hood ???

If so, you can follow the wires to the fuse panel under the hood and tap in there....

OR simply use a sig lighter plug adapter and plug it in when needed...

Todd Z

Hey, I've been thinking about a PA system for my '07 so I can bark at bad drivers (yes, I know it's illegal to have sound amplification devices unless you are in law enforcement....let's just say I'm not worried about that). I don't know anything about PA systems so I've been looking at CB radios which have built-in PA settings, but can anyone recommend something good? I want enough wattage to be heard while driving 70 on the freeway, and I don't think CB radios have the necessary power.

TIA

P.S. Hope I'm not hijacking this thread....once I figure out what to buy I'll need install help as well.

Well you best hope that when you "bark" at a driver while on the freeway that you dont cause an accident by startling someone because you can be charged with reckless conduct or possibly even manslaughter if someone is killed. I know how startled people can get when there is a sudden noise near them. I try to never iniate the siren or speak on the PA with the volume up when I am very near a vehicle and I think they have no clue I am there and therefore I might startle them. I have known of people to go right off the road when that happens, just a couple of months ago an officer hit the siren just as he was going by another vehicle and the old lady put it right into the ditch. Was she a bad driver? Probably. Was the officer doing something illegal? No, but I bet he will wait a second next time. If this had been a regular citizen with a siren or PA then they could have gotten in trouble. That and with todays "road rage" if you do that to enough people someone eventually will do something back, like pull a gun on you, that is happening more and more in todays uptight world. I understand people get frustrated with bad drivers but your best bet is to drive the best that you can, watch out for the other guy, and try to keep your cool. If you really cant control yourself, dont do something illegal, just use the universal sign to indicate your displeasure, however again keeping in mind what the other person may do in return.

Latest posts