painting fender flares... want opinion

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dallas Starr

Reaction score
So I am painting my bushwacker fender flares. Now should I attatch the fake rivets then paint it all to match or paint all pieces seperatly and then attatch them?

Also, I saw a f250 with the pocket style fender flares except he seems to have stainless steel rivets/screws instead of the stock rivets. Are these available through bushwacker or just a custom touch? has anyone seen these before?

Personally i like the fender flares black and with the fake rivets/screws painted silver or chrome.

I dont know if you can buy them from bushwacker but its worth a look.

Its not hard to do them your self though. Also you might want to think about color matching the rivets/screws to match the trac....just a thought.

But yes paint the flares first then custom the rivets/screws.

Best of luck with it.

Paul H

Well I am already painting my flares Silver Frost to match my truck. I just wasnt sure if I should be painting the rivets attatched at the same time or paint them seperatly and then attatch them.

Of course if I can find the stainless ones I will go that way.

I think since your going silver on the flairs I would paint the caps silver, I think the black would look out of place...

Todd Z

but now should i attatch them, and then paint everything at once (attach the caps to the flares before painting.)... or paint the caps, and then the flares... and then attatch them....

I just want it to look good for your customers rides section of your website Todd:p

Last edited by a moderator:
Paint it all seperate, then let dry, then assemble..

Todd Z

I saw a jeep with the bushwacker fender flares today....and they were color matched with the black rivets/screws and it looked great. My opinion dont paint the rivets/screws the same as the fender flares let them stand out!!

Paul H