Part Number for Vacuum Elbow Requested

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nelson Atwell

Reaction score
My check engine light came on this morning, and AutoZone shows the P0172 and P0175 codes. From previous posts, it appears this is the vacuum elbow problem. Does anyone know the part number or size of the hose I need to buy? They said I could take it off and bring it in, but since I only have one vehicle, I can't do this, unless I do it in the parking lot of AutoZone.

Any help is appreciated. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
You can use a "help" elbow or a piece of heater hose, But they don't hold up to the heat as good as the Motorcraft replacement part does...

I actually sold them at the Louisville meet...So I have none in stock, I will order some in soon, But any dealer should be able to order it for you. Takes 5 min to replace the whole thing.

Motorcraft # KCV - 190

NEW Ford # 4L5Z - 6758 - HA

OR

OLD Ford # 4L5E - 6K817 - HA

Todd Z

[Broken External Image]:

Thanks, Todd. I put that number in my notebook along with the other tidbits of information you have shared. I still think you should write a book about the ST. I would darn sure buy a copy.:)

I still think you should write a book about the ST.
:cool:

Nope !!! I will just dictate to you and you can write it and I will reap the profits and split it say 80% me and 20% you??? Sound fair ??? :lol::lol::lol::p:p

Looks like I will be watching the light until Saturday morning. I tried to take the thing off last night, and since it was next to the radiator hose, I couldn't get it off without burning myself...plus it was hot as hell in my garage. Sometimes I wish I had an attached garage.

I know this is not really a big deal, but in the 26 years I have been driving, this ST is the first vehicle I ever had that threw a check engine light. On top of all the issues I had early on with the suspension, tranny, heated seat switch, etc., etc., I am wondering just how long this truck will last. It sits at almost 52,000 today and I am starting to hear some new rattles when I hit bumps around town. :(

Nelson, me too!

Welcome to the "Mind Altering" world of the 'Trac!!!

And I'll say it again, I'm a G.M. Employee!

First Step: Admit that you are powerless over your addiction...

Second Step: Go With It!!! (At least with the 'Trac). :wub::blink:

Yes, this is just endless it seems. Before I bought the Trac my toolbox was only half full. Now my tools don't even fit inside it anymore. I haven't done any mechanical mods, except the shocks, which I really consider a repair since I fixed a safety issue when I changed them. If I keep this truck for the full five years of my loan, I'll have one of those roll around tool cabinets full of tools. :blink:

NelsonOKC.

Already have the toolbox(es). Homeowners policy addendum has them insured for an approximate

value of $8,500 +/-. It hasn't been able to roll for a while, but I bought a lot of the tools

while owning exclusively G.M. vehicles!

Actually, TJR, when I was in High School, the big 'Dis for Ford was "Found On Road Dead"!

I have everything from an A/C Pressure Manifold Test Guage, (A), to the Zerk-Fitting

Threader (Z) which may come in handy for some of our 'Tracs, for installing the grease

fittings to the ball joints!!!

:D

or I like "First On Race Day"...... think POSITIVE!

Nelson, Every vehicle has it's issues.... maybe part of the problem with your "tool attainment" is that you have a wealth of knowledge available here in order to make repairs yourself that maybe you wouldn't have attempted yourself. I know it has been for me, that and the fact that I actually had TIME last year to do some maintenance myself, rather than at a dealer. Now that I am back on sea duty..... it'll be back to the dealer for most since I have limited time and limited access to a garage while living on the ship.

I don't know about every vehicle has its issues--- I had a couple of Honda Civics that I put over 125,000 miles on each and only put tires on them. Never in the shop for anything (I did oil and filters myself).

My uncle said it best. Go to any car dealer, regardless of the brand, and look at it. They all have a service department full of people and they are always busy.

Tom

That's the difference, Gavin...go to the domestic vehicle dealer service and see all the "newer" cars getting warranty work done. Go to the import service centers and see off-warrany work being done on cars with over 100K miles.

My next car will be a European import, used with around 40K miles on it. Sure, I will have to pay high $20ks or low $30ks (instead of the mid $40ks for it new); it will be a few years old, but guess what...I will get 100K miles out of it without major repairs or headaches. 150K miles on a Volvo, Mercedes or BMW is nothing...its about the same mileage as a domestic with 50K. I say that because at those respective mileage points are when you can expect to start having some major repairs.

Don't shoot the messenger.

TJR

My next car will be a European import, used with around 40K miles on it.

I honestly wish you all the luck. German cars are not known for thier reliability. German cars require alot of maintenance and it can be very costly. Do a little research before you leap.

Tom

Huh? German cars are known for their superb engineering, reliability and performance, but they are generally kind of ugly.

You want poor reliability? Try a British or Italian car. \

You want plain weird? Try a French car.

No, you don't need to replace the entire assembly, but its tough to order just the elbow from Ford, that's why the entire assembly is pictured. However, many members have found a similar piece from various auto parts stores and just trimmed to fit with great results and much cheaper than buying the whole kit.