Passenger Side Heat/AC

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Schad

Reaction score
The passenger side of my 09 switches back and forth from heat to a/c randomly. I have searched and found a lot of post on the blend doors not working, or only coming out defrost vent etc. This (my) problem occurs no matter what setting I have it on; Heat, A/C, vent, floor etc. Drivers side works perfectly, only passenger side has the problem.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated greatly.

Mark

I should have also mentioned, you can sometime hear what I am assuming the blend door moving when it switches from heat to a/c or a/c to heat.

I have a similar issue and also can hear the vacuum release when engine shut off and when let off of gas pedal. Not sure if hearing the vacuum is an issue or not. I took the canister under the glove box out and it seems fine no cracks or anything. But my passenger side is sometimes not what I have selected for temp. It blows out the correct direction, face,floor,both etc

There is a temp sensor for each side, it may need cleaning. Drivers is on the right of the steering wheel, I think the pass is by the radio or side of the glove box.

Ty. I’ll see if I can find it and clean it