PCV Hose Location

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David Boer

Reaction score
Hello. I was on last week discussing the rough idle likely caused by the PCV hose and/or the upper intake gasket. With regard to the PCV hose, I bought the 4L5Z 6758-HA hose assembly from Ford and printed out all of the documents from mysporttrac.com, but the issue was that my intake appears different from the diagram Ford has for this hose assembly. There were no hoses that resembled the part # listed above.

Here is a photo of my engine since I know there are Job 1 and Job 2. Didn't know if it mattered for this hose replacement. When I looked up the part in Ford's system, it has this hose listed for later model Sport Trac's and then for the 2001-2004 as just explorer (Not necessarily the sport trac. I also looked at the photo that Todd had posted and there was no section that resembled this photo around the intake.

Any help would be extremely useful. I am either not looking in the right place, or perhaps my engine is a different type from the ones shown and requires a different hose part #.

[Broken External Image]:

You have a JOB 1 Motor...

The PCV elbow does not apply to your truck...

You more then likely need intake gaskets..

Todd Z