Phantom Codes

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kevin Lang

Reaction score
I turned the engine in my trac off, the check engine light was on with the broken elbow codes.

When I got back into my truck, I looked at stored scangauge II (love this thing) codes, and it said that I had 9. How I went from 3 to 9 I don't know.

If I clear the codes and drive, sometimes the light returns with the 2/3 elbow codes, but sometimes it gives 6, yet with the engine off and gauging the pcm I get 9 :(

I'm not even sure what most of these codes are. At least I can check without counting blinks or buying a car-specific scanner (yey obd II lol)

Codes:

P1151

P0171

P0174

B2014

P0002

P0000

P2008

P0800

C0201

Right now I'm stuck between the "Ford=fix or repair daily" and the "it's a ford! Go to autozone and clear the codes, because nothing could possibly be wrong with it!" camps.

(except that I can clear codes without going to autozone :p ....though I'm not exaggerating when I say that I hear this sort of talk a lot, from various people. )

Hmmm, some of these codes are caused by "vacuum leaks" or faulty emissions systems, which the pcv elbow qualifies as, right?

Though some also could match up to that dpfe sensor in a previous post that is known to go bad in 01/02....and I have an 02.

I need to carfax to find the losers who had this truck before me--they didn't even replace the red cruise control switch :(

You need to fix that thing and go from there.....

Todd Z

Latest posts