Photoshop help with logo/avatar

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve Lehuta

Reaction score
Hello all,

I need a little help from someone who know’s their way around Photoshop. I am into a hobby/sport known as geocaching. It’s basically a high tech treasure hunt game where you use a handheld GPS unit to located hidden items such as Tupperware containers, 35mm film canisters etc that are placed by other geocachers. Everyone has a nickname or handle, mine is JetMonkey and I’ve been messing around with some photos that I have taken to try and come up with an avatar as well as a logo that I might be able to use in the future.

I work as a corporate jet maint tech and I’m combining a picture of one of our Learjets in flight with the face of a screaming monkey. I’ve been able to apply some artistic effects to the photos and to cut and paste the Lear into the monkey’s mouth but I’m not sure how to clean it up so that it has a more natural look to it (not sure if a Learjet being in a monkey’s mouth is exactly “natural” but you get the idea).

I’m going to try and upload a picture of the monkey, the Lear and them combined so the creative minds have an idea of what I’m after. If they wont upload I can email them to whoever can help.

I appreciate any help that can be provided. I thank you and my 2004 Sport Trac thanks you!

Steve

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Steve, you're better off putting the jet in the monkey's mouth before you apply any stylized effects, so that the effects are applied to both images equally. That'll help to make them more uniform in their look. You might also want to find a better picture of the jet, one that isn't at an angle from underneath but looks at it side-on, so it looks better in his mouth. You can also play with the brightness & contrast a bit in both pictures to bring them closer to one another... it'll help if the jet didn't look quite so much brighter than the monkey.

Thanks guys, I thought about the idea of first positioning the plane then applying the effects, I'll give that a try. Also, I do have other photos of the same jet since I maintain it, I have one that is more of a side view that I can try as well.

Tipster, that looks pretty good, I like the shadow of the winglet in the monkey's face and the shadow outline around the jet to make it stand out, looks nicer than my version. What software did you use?

Thanks eveyone for the help, if someone else wants to mess with the images have at it!

Thanks again,

Steve