Pic of hitch conversion

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wayne Costin

Reaction score
Many of you may recall that I have posted numerous posts over the last year or two about the hitch conversion and what to do. Well, I finally bought a new camper and had to make the switch. My co-workers husband welds race cars so he did the conversion and I got uhual to do the wiring for the brake controller. Anyway, the 1 1/4" was cutout and the 2 inch receiver was welded in the place. I picked the camper up in another state and towed it home, about 350 miles and all has performed well so far. The camper weighs 3400 pounds dry. My 2007 V6 pulled it O.K. on the interstate. I definitely know it is back there, but seemed to run pretty good. I am planning an 800 mile trip for spring break. I made the trip previously with my popup, but will be different with an 18 foot hybrid camper.

Anyway, here is pic of hitch:

[Broken External Image]:

Nice! Definately the way to go. If you worry about the wiring harness being so low, the factory one comes through the receiver bar. Your same buddy could get a piece of pipe, cut a round hole in the front and rear and weld it in.(I have pics if you need one) In any case, nice job. And if you don't have a equalizer and sway bar control, get one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Brad B,

The camper came with the equalizer and sway bar control. Everything worked great. As for the wiring Harness, I am fine with it, it is about 13-14 inches off the ground as the bottom of the reciever opening is 16 inches off the ground.

I am happy with everything.

Nice! Definately the way to go. If you worry about the wiring harness being so low, the factory one comes through the receiver bar. Your same buddy could get a piece of pipe, cut a round hole in the front and rear and weld it in.(I have pics if you need one) In any case, nice job. And if you don't have a equalizer and sway bar control, get one.
would like to see the pics of this being done. thanks

sometimes, I do not get a picture that has been posted with a post. Happened with this one. I did get a message: "Broken External Image" (all in brackets). What can I do to get the picture?

Latest posts