Pics I took today

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool, Looks good, Hauled the mulch with no issue either... :cool:

Todd Z

Are you saying that's two yards?

Maybe two small ones if so, I suspect.

I say that because my experience a yard should about fill to the rim a ST bed with the tailgate closed, therefore I wouldn't expect two full yards with the gate up probably to fit, even if overflowing.

Oh, and your ST doesn't look too bottomed out to me.

It is a good load though...looks like the mulch might have been wet.

TJR

it looks like almost 2 yards to me.

the beds are "about" 4ft x 4ft x 2ft deep , roughly 32 cubic feet, and a yard is about 27 cubic feet, so that heaping amount would need to be 5 cubic feet short of a yard. so it is probably a little less than 2 yards, but if you have ever picked up bulk mulch from a supplier, you know that it is not exactly a science the way they measure it.

next weekend, try 2in - river rock, then you should bottom out!

That appears to be a Gamecock, not a Trojan.

I just realized how ironic those names are for schools named USC. HAHAHAHAHAHA

The ride home was interesting. With all the weight, everytime I hit a bump, something was scrubbing. I am thinking it was the tailpipes. It handled good but I was driving really slow.

Dana, given that a yard is 27 cubic, two yards would be 54 cubic feet. The ST bed filled to the brim holds 32 cubic feet, that would require22 cubic feet above the bed in that "rounded off section" if there truly is 2 yards in Andrew's truck.

22 is just over 80% of 27...so that means 80% of a yard is above the box, and (just over 3/4 of a yard).

It just doesn't look to me like Andrew's load has over 3/4 of a yard ABOVE the box...unless they are "small" (not full) yards.

As said, for arguments sake, the area of the mulch above the box would have to be 22 cubic feet, and assuming there was no "hump" and the mulch was all evenly distributed, that would require a 1.4' high by 4' by 4' cube.

The mulch above the bed doesn't look at its highest point much more than 1.4', and that is at its peak and clearly it isn't that high across the whole 4' x 4' area...and wherever it's lower, that takes away from the yardage.

TJR

Latest posts