Play Station 2 Online Gaming HELP!! OFF TOPIC!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robert Barker

Reaction score
Ok my friends I have tried to get to the Online Gaming functionality available via PS2 (NCAA Football 2005). I seem to have several things working but I am running into the "Cannot connect to ISP error, timing out". I am trying to connect via Comcast High Speed Internet access..... anyone have any tips?

Any and all info is appreciated before I throw this thing out in the yard!! :)

Thanks

Trac N Tennessee

all my settings are on auto, like auto IP and so on. If you have a firewall, turn it off, if you are connecting through a router.....reset it, and make sure your cord is connected to the PS when you reset. The PS can be tricky sometimes trying to get online.

What type of internet adapter do you have?

I purchased a linksys(to save money) but it never would allow me to connect.

I had to purchase the sony adapter for it to be able to work.

I'm sure there are some network adapters that might work, but I couldn't find one.

I bought the Sony adapter and plug it into the back of the PS2 and then ran the software that was included. My router is a Belkin.

Still no luck in getting past this "unable to connect to ISP error"...... this shouldnt be this hard, I wouldnt think.... :)

Trac N Tennessee

Im sure your router is doing its job and blocking it somehow. You will have to configure it to allow the ps2 access to the internet through whatever firewalls you have setup.

For a temp solution, just plug the ps2 directly into your broadband modem. It will work that way without hassle and you dont have to worry about security, all that is exposed is the ps2. good luck

All, I am connected directly from the back of the PS2 to the Cable Modem, by passing my router, I am continuing to get an error stating that the connection to my ISP timed out/failed. I am having no issue connecting via my laptop to the web.... I am at a loss for what to do now other than cuss.... something! :)

Trac N Tennessee

I did some research and found that you may need to do a firmware update for your cable modem. You can do this by contacting your ISp, probably by their website and checking for updates for your modem.....

Latest posts