Please help! Rear sway bar end link

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phil V

Reaction score
So I noticed my truck had a bit of a lean... it is an old truck so I didn't think too much of it. Anyways it started to bother me after a couple of days so I decided to take a look under and see what's up.

My rear sway bar end link top bolt / cage nut are missing! Probably from some spirited driving combined with the age of the vehicle.

Can someone point me in the right direction to replacing these parts? The bolt never comes with new end links and the nut is a whole other issue. Rock auto has nothing

Thanks in advance,

-Phil

End links wont cause the lean. If it is leaning to the left. It is because the gas tank is on the left.
You can compensate it. Lift the front off the ground and adjust the torsion bar. Srcew it in to raise, loosen to lower.

So I was online all last night looking up parts numbers and trying to find it. Seems it has been discontinued. The link you posted Steve confirms that. I actually found that site last night too. Unless you see something I don't??

And Eddie, it was causing a lean as last night I removed it from my truck with a pry bar. It had jammed itself on the frame and was literally lifting the truck up. Glad I removed it. Handling sucks with only one endlink though so I'd really like to get this fixed asap. I'm going to go to a scrapyard on the weekend and see if I can harvest a bolt. I ordered a new poly bushing kit and a couple nuts.. Not cheap. Now to find a bolt

Well I was so flustered last night after a long day at work and trying to figure this out at 9pm before bed. I didn't even think to just search for that bolt size..I figured the OEM one would be best but in the end it doesn't really matter. Just found the right one now and ordered a couple. Thanks for your help!

Latest posts