Plummeting Fuel Prices

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrainTrac

Reaction score
I saw E85 for $1.98/gallon today. I honestly can't remember the last time I saw any fuel, gas or E85 under $2.00/gallon. The lowest I've seen today for gas is $2.41/gallon. With the way prices are falling I think it'll also drop below $2.00 soon. That's great!:cool:

I gassed up at $3.31 still here in San Jose on Sunday. California BLOWS!

And, I'm afraid prices will go back up after the election. I hope I'm wrong, though.

edit: today it's $3.09 ~~ keep going down!

Last edited by a moderator:
It's $2.79 here in Punxsy, Pa, but if you drive 20 min to Brookville it's $2.49. I've been watching the oil prices and every person on there says the price of oil will probably be going back up when the overseas markets recover since US currency will lose ground with foriegn currency. Always such good news when it comes to the price of oil.:angry:

87 Octane in the Waco. TX area is $2.199 a gallon at one station near where I work, but it is not the cheapest...just more convenient for me.

It's funny that they had an emergency meeting of OPEC to discuss the falling oil prices. The decided to cut oil production by 1.5 Million barrels per day. What was suprizing and funny, is that the oil prices kept dropping. The analysts claim it's because of the depressed global economy and that no nation or businesses are seeing any immediate need for more fuel.

It appears that depressions/recessions also have a silver lining. :lol::lol:

...Rich

Clark Howard predicted gas prices within two years under $2.00 a gallon, this was about 6 months ago. That's one reason I didn't mind getting the Trac even though my wife has another gas guzzling Expedition. She was real hesitant about buying another non-eco box car. Glad I listen to Clark!

It was Bush/Republicans fault Gas was over $4.00 a gallon,

It must be bacause of Obama/Democrats that gas has gone down!:lol:

Had to throw that one in...

I'll say fuel prices are "Plummeting" when it is below 50 cents a gallon. This is just a drop from "Ridiculous" to "Silly". Hopefully, it doesn't jump back up to "Ludicrous"

I think that I have seen "Spaceballs" too much.

Rocks

It's $2.79 here in Punxsy, Pa, but if you drive 20 min to Brookville it's $2.49.

stonemiser, I grew up in Mahaffey but I live in OH now. I still pass through Punxsutawney a couple times a month since I still own property in Mahaffey. Matter of fact I will be back that way Friday night. Fall turkey season starts Saturday and archery season has been in for a few weeks now.

Oh, gas in my OH neighborhood is at $2.29.

The price of oil going down will allow Mr Obama to double (or more) the federal gasoline tax. I look for states with Dem controlled legislatures to do likewise th the states portion of the gasoline taxes.

$2.55 suffolk county, long isle.

wow, below 2 in some area's. amazing when i was paying over 4 in july

how long will this last?