PO0171/ PO0174

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jose Ayala

Reaction score
Hi all.

Got these two codes today after check engine light came on. Cleared the codes using the SCT and look at the cd rom from Fc and mentions different stuff to check.

Any that had this before and direct me to what to look first?:unsure:

Any help will be appriciated, thank you all.

Jose

I am on my PDA so I can not post picture. They are in my library though.

Go to the Vacuum hose file. The picture you will see is the hose you need to replace. I am sure yours will be cracked on the bottom side....

Thanks,

I will pull it and eplace it tomorow.

Again, thank you, I hope this will clear the issue and the code will not come again.

Jose

I'm getting the same codes with my code reader but I have no idea what vacuum line it is. Could one of you guys point me in the right direction? Also what is this CD rom, sounds like it's got some good info on it. If you can't tell I'm new here. Sorry if it's a stupid question.

Dwayne - go look at Coastiejoe's library. There are pictures there of the elbow that fails. You could also do a search on here. Todd Z has posted a picture of the entire assemply you would replace along with replacing the PCV that most likely caused the problem in the first place.

Latest posts