poly body bushings with 3" body lift

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Longracing25

Reaction score
Started installing the 3" body lift, and of course i need new mounts. The poly ones look kinda tall, will those work with 3" body lift bolts?

did ya get body lift finished, waiting to see final product.

I'll take a shot in the dark and say no. If it's a 3" body lift over the frame, the stock body bushings probably won't work. But like I said, that's a shot in the dark. I know very little about body lifts other than the body of your truck is 3" above the frame and the stock pushings are designed to work with a truck body that isn't lifted 3".

A quick Google search shows they make bushings for this sort of application. Which I imagine you used to lift the truck.

Stock bushings. you mean polythane bushings? Stock bushings will work with lift bolts. The polythane bushings are a littel taller,...but the new bolts are long enough. Not too mention the bottom metal piece it threads into...has a fairly long threaded inside. I started back on the body lift tonight. Holy crap, the radiator bushings(A) were pretty much gone, the ones under the gas pedal (B) were mostly gone And factory loctite made it a bitch and a half. I had to heat probably 5 times with torch for those to come out.The bushing behind seat(C) ALSO has loctite and was just as bad a bitch as the one under gas pedal(B)...and had to heat probably 5 times. I had to also use vise grips on (B) and (C). Now oddly enough,.....but OMFG...the ones behind the rear seat,...in the storage compartment (position D)...I heated those ONCE,.. AND NO VISE GRIPS WERE NEEDED. I just got driver side raised with jack, its 10:00p,...i'll finish tomorrow. Beware,.......I ALSO JUST WENT THRU WIFES RANT..."WHAT THE F***,...HOW THE HELL AM I SUPPOSED TO GET IN THAT!"...LOL. I'm sure i'm not the first.

so doing a few body lifts on older trucks and one newer 04 f150, the poly are usually more rigid and do not rot, higher end cars have been using versus rubber, but body and bed do not sit solid on frames and are basically lifted from frame just not very high. the kits usually have everything ya need. our issues were with brake lines and linkages. i was going to do a body lift on mine but went with suspension and it was not cheap, if i was to do again it would be body lift to retain stock suspension, the rear was the main issues and had to remove springs and add air ride because the 04 changed, i wanted taller aggressive tires for clearance to get places off road. i am watching your progress for next trac i do.

Latest posts