Possible perminant fix for the upper radiator hose

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom Schindler

1st Gen Owner
V6 Engine
Reaction score
I hapened to be looking under the hood of my wife's 2000 Explorer XLT 4.0L SOHC.

I noticed that the upper radiator hose is different than the hose on my 2002 Trac. On the valve cover on my 2002 Trac, there is a threaded hole. The 2000 4.0L SOHC engine has a hose that has a fitting in between two different hoses that bolts to that threaded hole.

I am wondering if the hoses are the same overall shape, but changed to cut costs. In other words, the hose goes the same distance, but is a different design.

I will be researching this further and let everyone know what I find out.

Tom

They just rerouted mine, the hose may be an updated part, but that was the fix.

It runs along the oil filler pipe now, it no longer rubs on the AC clamp.

Is that the same as the 01 job 1 sport trac ????

Todd Z

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
Tom, mine wore through on my 03 under warranty, they replaced it with an 'updated' hose that no longer rubbed. I think there are photos in my library. I have to run, but I will check then photos out this afternoon and find the part number.

Olaf

Olaf,

Not to hyjack my own thread, but how have you been doing? You know what I am talking about.

Tom

Tom, doing as good as can be expected. I have good days and bad days. Situations like this show you who your friends are, some people just disappeared and others are ensuring they stay in contact and keep me occupied by going out to dinner and movies etc. with me. I get along quite well with her family too, so that is really supportive.

This is after the fix,

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

As for the fix, they initially zip tied it up out of the way while they had a new hose on order,

This is what the work order said for the replacement

A Install SOP upper rad hose-transmission dipstick tube was rubbing against it

Cause: 46077 Replace Upper Rad Hose

8260AUP Hose-Radiator - Replace (8260/8286) - L 843 W4

1 KM*4791* Hose - Radiator

2 CYF*232* Clamp

1 Hardware Hardware

1 CVC*7*A Anti-Freeze