power lead through the firewall

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steve cybell

Reaction score
Hi.

I have a 2001 ST and am curious what type of cable paths people have taken to get power from the battery to the rear seat of the truck for power amps.

I know I could just pick a spot and drill but I am sure there are better places than others. As is the case with most vehicals, there's a "secret" hole or plug that could be used too.

any suggestions?

Thanks

there is a rubber gromet behind the brake pedal on the firewall. pull it out and run the wire OR pull it out, cut a slice in the grommet and feed the wire through.........

I ran mine inside the cladding and then up in the back, in the corners behind the plastic trim, there are rubber grommets that are perfect for amp wires.

I ran it down the wheelwell and through a grommet under the plastic casing in the floor on the drivers side. I then ran the wire down the floor railing under the plastic all the way to behind the rear seat.

There are two right by the steering column as it comes through the firewall, just above and slightly left of the gas pedal ... at least it is on my 05, might be the same for you. That's where I ran my amp power wire through.

Last edited by a moderator:
For amp power, I installed my amp in the back storage area, and ran wires straight down through the large grommet underneath the storage area. I ran my wires along the framerail and up to the power distribution block in the engine bay. For audio signals, I ran those behind the dash and drivers side kick panel, and under the door sill panel. The wiring can come out inside the rear storage area if done right. It's a reletively tight spot, but it works well.

Also, click my green wrench and look at my starter button project. There's a great 12V power source listed there to tap into next to the power distribution block.

Last edited by a moderator:

I was planning on power down the driver's side and audio on the passenger's. From the sound of it, I was on the right "Trac".

I have a pretty cool idea for a movable sub enclosure. If it works out, I'll post some photos.

Thank you everyone for the great suggestions.

Steve

aka No Netware