Power lock disable/enable......

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shawn stonbraker 2

Reaction score
I know someone was asking a whille ago if there was a way of disableing the autolock feature that locks the doors when the vehicle's brake pedal is released. Here is what I found last night on my DVD while looking up some other things for Paul H. I figured I'd post it in case they didn't find what they needed in the owner's manual;)

Using the Keyless Entry Keypad

Enter the five-digit permanent entry code into the keyless entry keypad.

Within five seconds of entering the code, press and hold the 7/8 button on the keypad.

Within five seconds of Step 2, and while holding the 7/8 button, press the 3/4 button on the keypad and release it.

NOTE: If the autolock is disabled, the horn will chirp once. If the autolock feature is enabled, the horn will chirp once shortly and then sound a second time with a longer sound of the horn once the above sequence is completed.

Within five seconds of Step 3, release the 7/8 button on the keypad.

Using the Ignition Lock Cylinder

Make sure that the anti-theft system is not armed or triggered.

Close all doors and windows.

Confirm that the ignition key is OFF.

NOTE: Steps 5 through 9 must be carried out within 30 seconds.

Turn the ignition key from OFF to RUN.

Press the door lock control switch UNLOCK button three times.

Turn the ignition key from RUN to OFF.

Press the door lock control switch UNLOCK button three times.

Turn the ignition key from OFF to RUN.

Verify that the horn chirps. This indicates the enable/disable mode and now is ready to accept program changes.

Press the door lock control switch UNLOCK button then the LOCK button one time to command the module to toggle the autolock/relock feature.

Verify that the horn chirps. There should be one chirp indicating that autolock/relock feature has been disabled. If one chirp is heard, followed by a longer sound of the horn, the autolock/relock feature has just been enabled.

Turn the key to the OFF position or wait 2 minutes to exit the enable/disable mode.

Verify that the horn chirps once to indicate that a feature has been changed and that autolock/relock has been toggled.

Excellent, thanks. I always brake and let my wife out of the ST before pulling all the way into the garage--I always hated how after she closed the door and I let up off the brake that the doors would lock, only for me to have to unlock again just a few seconds later.

I just finished disabling the power lock function per the steps above. I was able to get it to work using the ignition method, but was unsuccessful with the keypad method. In any case, this is good reference info for the Projects section.

Latest posts