Power Point Question

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kevin Palmer

Reaction score
Basically, A PP was sent to me which I can open and watch with no issues. However, I am not able to get into the slides and what not. I want to cut and paste them to use them as a study guide.

I get no icons on the lower left when I move my mouse in that location.

Anyone know how to get into the slides?

I am able to save the file as well.

Thanks...

open the SAVED file in PP and save as a html. then it will save each slide seperate. Works for me....

Last edited by a moderator:
Once it is open, I no longer have any control other than to go to the next or previous slide, or right click and print the slides.

What's the file extension? .pps, or .ppt?

If it's .pps, then it's just the slide show, and you can't do much of anything other than view it. It needs to be .ppt to do anything else like make changes, cut/paste, etc.

Hmmm... Then I don't know what the problem could be. Unless the creator of the file set read/write permission restrictions on it.

Kevin, What version of PP are you using? I just opened the file on my PC and it seemed I could cut it apart without a problem. My version in 2003

Check your view properties. This would affect how you see the slideshow once in PowerPoint.

I have 2007, set to normal view and I can view the slide show fine

Do you have Microsoft Powerpoint installed or PowerPoint Viewer?

The PowerPoint Viewer is a free software from Microsoft that only allows you to view/print the slides. Microsoft PowerPoint is the software that normally comes pre-installed on the computer and allows you to edit/create slides, as well as view them in slideshow. I had to download PowerPoint Viewer because the version of Microsoft Office that came on my computer didn't include regular PowerPoint.

Just checking in case you are on a computer that you don't use often or on a public computer.

It works for me as well.

I was going to the file and double clicking, it would open it but not allow me to do anything with it.

But, like you, if I open PP first then the file, all is fine....

DUH....

Thanks all...