Power programmers

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robert Caffyn

Reaction score
Here's the next question: Is a programmer available for an '08, 6-speed, V8 available? Has anyone installed it?

Thanks for the info, since I did the battery disconnect thing from Dingo the tranny isn't too bad!

Last edited by a moderator:
Been there, done that. It's the single best mod I've done as far as raw power gains. The exhaust was the most fun though!

9/19/08: SCT Xcal III Flash Tuner from fastpartsnetwork.com and tunes from the owner of the company, Torrie. $388.98 shipped. 87 octane economy mode, 87 octane performance mode and a 93 octane high performance mode.

Seriously man, just look at my profile lol.

I'd stick to the 87 performance mode until Ford unlocks the TCM. If we were able to adjust the shift points and firmness coupled with the 93 Octane tune...OMG!! it would be awesome. The 93 Octane tune is a very very significant increase over stock performance but It's bottlenecked by the funky shifting from the 6 speed.

I've also got pretty cool pics of all my mods on my cardomain page

His fix gets rid of or dampens a active learning related issue. His fix won't help the shifting with the added power of the 93 Octane tune imo. I tried it and it shift flared every single shift. Each shift flare was longer than it was with the 87 tune by about 2-3 seconds.