power pulleys

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is a difference with the underdrive pulley. The alt pulley bumped my alternator output back to normal. I'll be getting the idler pulley soon, just so it matches, lol.

Yes. Noticeable increase in throttle response and HP. I wrote the project for the throttle body for the Gen1 STs.

Yes there is a very noticeable throttle response in the T/B like Jeff said and by doing the modification it allows the throttle body to flow 608cfm's, that's 26cfm's more than stock.

Underdrive pulley systems increase engine horsepower by reducing the amount of power required to drive external engine accessories. For example, the alternator, power steering, water pump and air compressor rob horsepower from the engine. By replacing factory-sized crank and accessory drive pulleys with a resized pulley, the accessories are slowed, resulting in more horsepower available to the drive wheels.

Please feel free to contact us with any other questions or comments, [email protected]

Paul H

Last edited by a moderator:
Kevin,

I have had the UDP for 3 years now, including the W/P pulley.... , NY summer temps, and I have had no problem with the A/C or truck temps.....

It slows the accessories down 20%, so if your at 1000 rpm idle, your accessories are doing 800 rpm... IT is not a lot but when doing 6,000 rpm your slowing them to 4800 rpms, That saves the moving parts, extends their live, Quiets down the under hood noise and makes some power....

I think I made 6RWHP with all the pulleys, I have to find that dyno sheet....

Todd Z