Power Window issues. Possible wiring harness problem?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jay Pearson

Reaction score
Hey Everyone.. it's been a long time since my last post but to be honest my Trac has been runinng like a top. I just passed 121,000.

Any how all of my windows stopped working today. I checked the fuses and they were good. I also noticed that the 'keys' for all of the windows were not illumniated.

I just went outside to try them and they're working again. So with the ingnition on i slowly opened my driverside door. At about a 1/4 open the lights on the keys went out again and they no longer work. I closed the door and the keys illuminated and began working again.

Is there a known pinch point for the drivers door wiring harness that i should look at?

Thanks in advance for the help.. Jay

Last edited by a moderator:
Take the electrical connector on the door apart and you'll probably find either (1) loose pins in the connector or (2 & harder to find) broken wires in the section that goes back into the cab. There's a cap on top of the connector and a bolt holding the two halves together (either 8mm or 10mm socket size, don't remember). If the pins are pulled out of the connector I can send you a pin-out for it so you get them back in the correct position.

The C510 connector view below was marked for another problem so disregard the red dot. But it is correct for your '03 model.

0791d76a3521aad0ac411e41a5e4e13f.jpg

d50aa7f9631329bae064ff0ac126dbc0.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts